How do I win the chance to have my out-of-pocket expenses covered?
Enter the competition for your chance to receive a full refund for your out of pocket expenses for your Accredited Practising Dietitian (APD) visit.
How to enter
- During Dietitians Week, use the Find a dietitian' search tool and book a session with an APD. Your consultation should take place before 26 April 2023 to be eligible to win.
- Use the online form to provide the details of your booking, and your feedback about Dietitians Australia's Find a dietitian search tool.
- Submit the online form, and go in the running to win.
Most constructive feedback about improving Dietitians Australia's Find a dietitian tool will win. The winning entry will be decided by a panel of Dietitians Australia Communications Committee members.
The winner will be decided upon and contacted within 30 business days after 26 April 2023, the closing date of the competition. Any unused appointments will not receive a refund. The winner must show proof of attendance via a receipt for their appointment.
The prize will cover the amount paid for the APD appointment minus any refund due to be received by Medicare and/or a health fund. Prizes must be claimed by 26 May 2023. In the event of an unclaimed prize, the prize will be redrawn on 29 May 2023 at 1 Bowes Place, Phillip, ACT 2600. The winner of the redraw will be notified by email and phone within 7 days of the redraw.
The winner will be notified publicly and their name published at http://dietitiansaustralia.org.au/dietitians-week.
Terms and conditions
Entry is only open to Australian residents who are 18 years or over with a valid email address and phone number.
Entrants must book an appointment with an APD and attend the appointment to be eligible for the prize.
The competition winner will receive a full refund for their out of pocket appointment expenses, provided by Dietitians Australia.
Further terms and conditions
1. The entrant acknowledges that they have read these Terms and Conditions, and that entry into the competition is deemed to be acceptance of these conditions of entry.
2. The competition commences on 20 March and ends on 26 April. Entries are deemed to be received at the time the entry form is submitted.
3. Employees and immediate family members associated with Dietitians Australia are not eligible to enter. Immediate family members means spouse, ex-spouse, de-facto spouse, child or step-child, parent or step-parent, grand parent or step-grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother or step-brother , sister or step-sister, or 1st cousin.
4. All reasonable attempts will be made to contact each winner.
5. The prize will cover the amount paid for the APD appointment minus any refund due to be received by Medicare and/or a health fund. No associated costs i.e. travel are included in the prize value.
6. If any winner chooses to not accept their prize (or is unable to), or does not claim their prize by the time specified by Dietitians Australia, they forfeit their prize.
7. The value of the prize is accurate and based upon the receipt at the date of printing. Dietitians Australia accepts no responsibility for any variation in the value of the prize after that date.
8. No part of the prize is redeemable for cash or any other prize unless specified in writing by Dietitians Australia.
9. If the prize is unavailable Dietitians Australia reserves the right to substitute the prize to a prize of equal or greater value.
11. For the purposes of public statements and advertisements, Dietitians Australia may only publish the winner's first name, surname initial, and State/Territory of residence.
12. Dietitians Australia reserves the right, at any time, to validate and check the authenticity of entries and entrant's details. In the event that a winner cannot provide suitable proof of their appointment with an Accredited Practising Dietitian to validate their entry, the winner will forfeit the prize in whole and no substitute will be offered.
13. Dietitians Australia reserves the right to disqualify entries in the event of non-compliance with these Terms and Conditions and Conditions of Entry.
14. Dietitians Australia is not liable for any loss, expense, damage, personal injury or death which is suffered or sustained in connection with this competition or accepting or using any prize, except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law.
15. Dietitians Australia accepts no responsibility for any tax implications and the entrant must seek their own independent financial advice in regards to the tax implications relating to the prize or acceptance of the prize.
16. Failure by Dietitians Australia to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of these rights.