Type 1 Diabetes Management for Dietitians
Online, start now!
Discover key considerations in supporting your clients with type 1 diabetes, including medications and treatments, nutrition management, complications management and support networks for people with type 1 diabetes. Over 5 chapters, this course provides information, resources, recommended reading and case studies to enhance your active learning experience.
Audience: Dietitians with 1 – 5 years experience in practice, with a good understanding of basic pathophysiology, diagnosis and management of diabetes.
- Discuss the various forms of all types of diabetes and their management
- Gain in-depth knowledge regarding type 1 diabetes, including:
- symptoms and diagnosis
- medication management
- dietary management
- complications and co-morbidities considerations
- how to support a person with type 1 diabetes within the diabetes care team
- Be aware of specific management strategies for type 1 diabetes in various specific populations, including children and adolescents, adults and women who are pregnant or lactating
DA member $299.00
DA members must be logged in to access the discount rate.
Dietitians NZ members are eligible to receive the DA members rates. Contact the Centre for Advanced Learning via email@example.com to obtain the coupon code to complete the discounted registration.
Contact the Centre for Advanced Learning via firstname.lastname@example.org or 02 6189 1202.