Overseas-educated dietitians who wish to apply for Dietetic Skills Recognition (DSR) must pass the Australian Cultural Awareness Assessment.
Dietitians who wish to apply for mutual recognition to gain Accredited Practising Dietitian status must also pass this online quiz.
This assessment helps to ensure dietitians working in Australia have acceptable knowledge about the culture of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples.
To complete the assessment, you must:
- read the 11 program documents
- pass the online Australian Cultural Awareness quiz
You have 3 attempts to achieve a passing score of 87%. You have an unlimited amount of time to complete each attempt. If you don’t achieve this score within 3 attempts, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Reading program documents
Please download and read the following 11 documents before completing your online assessment.
- Australian Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Health Survey: Nutrition Results – Food and Nutrients 2012-13
- Overview of Australian Indigenous health status, 2014
- National Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Health Plan 2013-2023
- Population Characteristics, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Australians, 2006
- Acting on food insecurity in urban Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander communities, 2009
- Aboriginal Cultural Security: an outline of the policy and its implementation 2002
- Cultural Competency Toolkit In: Strengthening Cardiac Rehabilitation and Secondary Prevention for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Peoples
- The Aboriginal People of Central Australia, A Brief Introduction
- The Aboriginal Extended Family
- The Stolen Generations
- Values and Ethics: Guidelines for Ethical Conduct in Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Health Research
- New to Indigenous health? Dietetics and nutrition with Indigenous communities: A starting point (2015) – Dietitans Australia Indigenous Nutrition Interest Group
- National Aboriginal Community Controlled Health Organisation (NACCHO)
- Australian Indigenous Health Info Net
- Indigenous Allied Health Australia
- Department of Health – Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Health
- Food Security for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Peoples, Dietitians Australia and Public Health Association of Australia
- Australian Human Rights Commission
- Working with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders and their communities
Get in touch
If you have questions about the cultural awareness assessment, contact us at email@example.com