A slice of delight (nut and seed slice)
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 20 minutes
No of Serves: 18 slices
Recipe courtesy of Katrina Yip, APD
- 50g butter
- 1/3 cup honey
- ½ cup plain flour
- 2 weet bix
- ½ cup dried cranberry
- ¾ cup sunflower seeds
- ½ pumpkin seeds (pepita)
- ½ cup almonds (roughly chopped)
- 2 tbsp. chia seeds
- 2 tbsp. sesame seeds
Nutrition Information (per serve)
|Energy||591.5 kJ (141 calories)|
- Preheat oven to 180°C, and line an oven proof tray (20x30cm) with baking paper.
- Place butter and honey in a saucepan and melt over low heat.
- In a large bowl crush the weet bix then add all dry ingredients (except the dried cranberry and almonds).
- Add butter and honey mixture to dry ingredients. Mix until well combined.
- Add cranberry and almonds (roughly chopped).
- Press mixture into baking tray and bake for 20 minutes or until golden.
- Allow to cool completely before slicing.
This recipe featured in the 2017 Australia’s Health Weight Week, APD Cookbook, created in collaboration with DAA and Nutrition Australia, ACT.