Dietitians Australia is Australia's largest organisation of nutrition and dietetic professionals. Our members are part of a supportive and inspiring community. They enjoy access to many resources to help them in their work. As the leading voice of nutrition in Australia, we represent more than 8000 members. Join us today.
Benefits of Dietitians Australia membership
As a member, you'll enjoy career-building training, support and rewards.
- Connect and network with more than 8000 other dietetic professionals.
- Keep learning with free and discounted continuing professional development (CPD).
- Get significant discounts on our high-quality, peer-reviewed educational courses.
- Stay up-to-date with access to peer-reviewed global research in human nutrition.
- Get involved with our committees and Interest Groups.
- Save with our member-only discounts.
Learn more about our membership benefits.
Eligibility for membership
You can become a member of Dietitians Australia if:
- you're a qualified dietitian
- you're a student enrolled in an accredited dietetics course in Australia
We offer 3 types of membership:
- Student enrolled in an accredited dietetics course in Australia
Full members can choose a category to suit their work situation:
- seeking work or doing unpaid work
- career break
- parental leave
- full-time study
- non-practising dietitian
Affiliate members are dietitians living and working overseas. They might choose to join for our member-only resources and education. They are members of an International Confederation of Dietetic Associations (ICDA) association. Affiliate members are not eligible for full membership.
Student members are currently enrolled in an accredited dietetics degree program in Australia. If you're a student member, you'll need to upgrade your membership when you graduate.
Changes to membership
If you've graduated, changed your work hours, retired or returned to study, you might want to:
Fees and renewals
Your membership fee depends on the type of membership you choose.
You pay your membership fee every year. Full members can choose to pay in 4 set payment instalments. You can't pay your fees monthly.
Membership fees are non-refundable.
Our membership period runs from January to December each year. Review our key dates to see the cut-offs for membership renewals and payments.
If you pay during our early bird period, you can get a discount.
If you join or reinstate your membership after 1 July, you might get a pro-rata discount.
Become an Accredited Practising Dietitian
The Accredited Practising Dietitian (APD) Program is the national credentialing program for dietitians.
It gives Australian dietitians recognition and guidance for their:
- professional qualifications
- ongoing training
- practice standards
Most full members are eligible to become APDs.
Non-practising dietitians and retired dietitians can't join the APD Program.
Get in touch
If you have questions about becoming a member of Dietitians Australia, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org