Carrot, Kale, Coriander and Feta Fritters
Prep Time: 10 mins
Cooking Time: 12 mins
No of Serves: 10
Recipe courtesy of Caroline Trickey, Accredited Practising Dietitian
- 1 cup grated carrot (~1 medium carrot)
- 1 cup finely chopped kale (~2 leaves kale, deveined)
- ¼ cup fresh coriander, finely chopped
- ¼ cup crumbled feta (~35 grams)
- ½ cup besan flour (chickpea flour)
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds, optional
- 1 egg, beaten
- ½ cup water
- pinch of salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- extra virgin olive oil
Nutrition Information (per serve)
|Energy||233 kJ (56 calories)|
- Add into a bowl the carrot, kale, coriander, feta, besan flour, sesame seeds, egg, water, salt and pepper and mix to combine.
- Heat a frying pan over medium heat.
- When hot, add about a tablespoon of olive oil then spoon dollops of the fritter mix into the frying pan, being careful not to crowd the pan.
- Cook for 2-3 minutes each side, until cooked through and golden brown.
- When cooked, place on paper towel to absorb any excess oil.
- Repeat with oil and remaining mix.
- Serve warm fritters with your choice of chutney, green tahini or chilli sauce and salad.