Choc Chickpea Protein Slice
Recipe courtesy of the DA Victorian Engagement and Development Committee
1 can chickpeas drained and rinsed
1 cup almond meal
1/3 cup maple syrup
80g protein powder (chocolate or vanilla flavour works well)
1/3 cup peanut butter
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp vanilla extract
100g dark chocolate
Nutrition Information (per serve)
|Energy||950 kJ (227 calories)|
1. Place all ingredients except dark chocolate into a food processor and blend until smooth.
2. Roughly chop 40g of the dark chocolate and mix through the cookie dough.
3. Line a square baking tray with baking paper and press mixture into the tin.
4. Place in the freezer for 15 minutes.
5. Meanwhile melt remaining 60g of chocolate. Spread chocolate evenly over cookie dough and place back in the freezer.
6. Cut into 12 small bars using a hot knife (to stop the top cracking).
7. Store in the freezer, or the fridge if you like them softer.
This recipe is great for those with higher energy requirements – for example, those who are quite physically active or older Australians needing to increase their energy and protein intake.