High fibre bean & veggie pasta
Prep Time: 5 mins
Cooking Time: 12 mins
No of Serves: 2
Recipe courtesy of Sophie Hofto, Accredited Practising Dietitian
- 200g wholemeal pasta, cooked
- ¼ red onion, diced
- 1 medium sized chilli, roughly chopped
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 large carrot, grated
- ½ cup passata sauce
- 140g mixed beans, rinsed
- Basil, 1-2 sprigs
- Handful of spinach (around 30g)
- ¼ cup water
- Feta cheese, to serve (not included in nutrition information)
Nutrition Information (per serve)
|Energy||1674 kJ (400 calories)|
- Place pasta into boiling water and cook as per cooking instructions.
- Add onion, garlic and chilli into a warmed non-stick pan. Sautee until onion becomes translucent.
- Add carrot and passata sauce to pan, stir. Simmer for 4-5 minutes. Add rinsed beans, torn basil, spinach and water. Simmer for a further 2-3 minutes.
- Combine cooked pasta and vegetable sauce. Place in two bowls and sprinkle on crumbed feta as desired.