Preparation time10 minutes
Cooking time50 minutes
Recipe courtesy ofGeorgia Houston, Accredited Practising Dietitian (APD)
|500g Japanese or Queensland Blue Pumpkin, washed, cut in half wedges, seeds removed and skin left on
|1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
|1 medium brown onion, diced
|1/4 cup Thai yellow curry paste
|400mL light coconut milk (or lower fat alternative, light evaporated milk and a dash of coconut essence)
|2 tsp fish sauce
|400g tin chickpeas, drained and rinsed
|1 dozen cherry tomatoes, washed
|large handful of baby spinach leaves, washed
|fresh coriander leaves, washed, roughly chopped, to garnish
|1 long red chilli, thinly sliced, to garnish
|steamed basmati rice, to serve
- Pre-heat oven to 180°C. Place the pumpkin on an oven tray lined with baking paper and lightly season with olive oil, salt and pepper. Place in the oven for approximately 50 minutes, or until tender.
- With 20 minutes to go, prepare the rice. Place 1 cup rice in a saucepan and add 1.5 cups water. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat and simmer covered for 15 minutes. Remove from heat and stand covered for 5 minutes.
- Once you get the rice on, heat oil in a large frypan over medium-high heat. Add onion and cook for 5 minutes, until soft. Add curry paste and cook for 1 minute or until fragrant.
- Add chickpeas and cook for 2 minutes. Reduce heat and add coconut milk and fish sauce. Add tomatoes and stir. Let simmer for 5 minutes. Add spinach and cook until wilted.
- Remove cooked pumpkin from oven and place on a plate with the curry and rice. Garnish with coriander leaves and chilli.
|2879kJ (688 calories)