Recipe courtesy ofSara Grafenauer, Accredited Practising Dietitian (APD)
|2 carrots, julienned|
|1 handful red cabbage, finely sliced|
|3 eschallots finely sliced|
|1 small garlic clove, finely sliced|
|100ml rice vinegar|
|1 tbsp caster sugar|
|3 fresh limes, juiced|
|1 cup long-grain rice|
|2 cups water (for rice)|
|500g of chicken breast (approx 2 small breasts), poached slowly and shredded|
|additional water (to poach chicken)|
|piece of ginger (sliced)|
|1 bunch coriander – tops for salad; use the root to flavour poaching water|
|2 Lebanese cucumbers, quartered lengthways and chopped|
|100g roasted unsalted cashews, roughly crushed|
|1 handful mixed lettuce|
|fish sauce to taste|
- Combine carrot, cabbage, eschallots and garlic with rice vinegar, caster sugar and juice of 1 lime, allow to stand for at least 20 minutes.
- Place rice and water into a saucepan. Bring to boil and cover for 10 minutes or until tender. Drain and set aside.
- In a second saucepan, cover chicken in water and add sliced ginger, and the off-cut root section of the coriander. Poach chicken until cooked (approximately 15 minutes, cooking time will vary depending on thickness of chicken breast). Shred chicken when c
- Serve rice, adding chicken, then carrot/eschallot mix with some of the liquid, then coriander, cucumber, and cashews.
- Season to taste with fish sauce and more fresh lime juice, and add mixed lettuce.
|Engery||2049 kJ (490 calories)|