Zucchini, carrot and feta slice
Prep Time: 25 minutes
Cooking Time: 35 minutes
No of Serves: 4
Recipe courtesy of Anika Rouf, APD
- Extra virgin olive oil (spray)
- 2 medium zucchini, grated
- 3 medium carrots, grated
- 1 brown onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 60g Danish feta
- 100g self-raising wholemeal flour
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/3 cup skim milk
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 80g breast chicken or other leftover meat
- Herbs of your choice
Nutrition Information (per serve)
|Energy||1632 kJ (390 calories)|
- Preheat oven to 160 degrees (fan-forced).
- Lightly spray square tray with extra virgin olive oil.
- Grate vegetables, prepare onion and garlic.
- Combine carrot, zucchini, onion, cheese and flour.
- Add any leftover meat you would like to use (chop into small pieces first).
- Season with pepper and herbs of your choice.
- Add in milk, eggs and oil and mix well.
- Spread mixture evenly into baking tray.
- Bake for 30-35 mins or until golden brown.
This recipe featured in the 2017 Australia’s Health Weight Week, APD Cookbook, created in collaboration with DAA and Nutrition Australia, ACT.