A conflict of interest can occur when there is a risk of someone's professional judgment being influenced by a secondary interest. All relevant interests need to be declared, acknowledged and managed.
Our Conflict of Interest Management Policy details how we manage conflicts of interest.
This policy applies to any person/s:
- holding a position as Director on the Dietitians Australia Board
- on a committee of the Dietitians Australia Board
- on the leadership team of an Interest Group
- representing Dietitians Australia on an external committee
- presenting papers at Dietitians Australia conferences, Continuing Professional Development events or Centre for Advanced Learning Courses
- employed by Dietitians Australia as a staff member or contractor
The management of conflict of interest for the wider membership in their daily practice is addressed in the Dietitians Australia Code of Conduct for Dietitians & Nutritionists.
Download our Conflict of Interest Management Policy.