Submitted to the Royal Commission into Aged Care Quality and Safety (March 2019).
Dietitians Australia welcomed the opportunity to highlight the importance of nutrition and enjoyable food and fluids in the care of older Australians.
This submission considers nutrition in the community, respite care, day programs and residential care.
We have given 30 recommendations to the Government for nutrition care in the aged care system.
Our submission discusses and gives a background into:
- Malnutrition in older Australians
- Aged care services in the community
- Nutrition in residential aged care
- Aged care standards and nutrition
- Nutrition training for the aged care workforce
- Nutrition and dementia
- Nutrition and pressure injury
- Nutrition in end of life care
For more, download our full submission.
Get in touch
If you have questions about this submission, contact us at email@example.com