Dietitians Australia is the accrediting authority for dietetic education programs in Australia. Universities can apply for accreditation of their dietetic education programs.
This policy outlines what's involved in accrediting a dietetics program. It details:
- the processes for the accreditation application stages
- the Non-Domestic Placement Site Approval Process
- a decisions review procedure
- the rights of termination and withdrawal of an Accreditation Status
- timing and procedural requirements
Using the Processes for Accreditation policy
The Processes for Accreditation is separated into 7 sections.
Sections one to five
Gives an overview of the accreditation process, followed by an outline of each type of accreditation:
- Provisional Accreditation
- Full Accreditation
Outlines the process for termination of the accreditation process and withdrawal of accreditation status.
Sets out the decisions review procedures.
Terms of Reference
The Terms of Reference for Accreditation Reviewers and Accreditation Review Teams are included in appendix 2.
Download the Processes for Accreditation of Dietetics Education Programs.
Other accreditation documents
Our accreditation documents have been developed for universities that are planning to run or are running dietetics education programs.
There are 3 documents relating to the accreditation of dietetic programs.
- Document 1 — Accreditation Standards for Dietetics Education Programs
- Document 2 — Processes for Accreditation of Dietetics Education Programs (this document)
- Document 3 — Evidence Guide for Dietetics Education Program Providers
Universities developing a new dietetics program will need to apply for program qualification before applying for accreditation. This is outlined in the Process for Qualification of New Dietetics Education Programs.
Get in touch
If you have questions about accrediting your dietetics course, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org