I’ve heard I need 2 serves of fruit & 5 serves of vegetables, but what is a serve?
One serve of vegetables is 75g or:
- ½ cup cooked vegetables
- ½ medium potato
- 1 cup salad vegetables
- ½ cup legumes
One serve of fruit is 150g or:
- 1 medium sized piece (e.g. apple)
- 2 smaller pieces (e.g. apricots)
- 1 cup canned or chopped fruit
- ½ cup (125ml) 100% fruit juice
- 1 ½ tablespoon dried fruit (e.g. sultanas or 4 dried apricot halves)
For ideas on new ways to cook up fruit and veggies visit our recipe section.
An Accredited Practising Dietitian (APD) can help you make changes to your diet and meet your fruit and veggie target each day.