Dietitians Australia submitted feedback to Food Standards Australia New Zealand (FSANZ) on infant formula standards (October 2021).
The FSANZ P1208 Proposal aims to revise and clarify standards relating to infant formula.
Paper 3 focuses on the regulatory framework particularly for special infant formulas or infant formula products for special dietary use.
Dietitians Australia strongly supports the FSANZ view that protection of public health and safety is paramount always, and highlights this is particularly true for infant formula products.
We have given feedback on:
- Specialised infant formulas
- Products for medical uses
- Products with a protein substitute
- Compositional requirements
- Evidence for infant formula products for special medical purposes
- Product use beyond infancy
- Labelling of infant formula products for special medical purposes
To read more download our full submission.
Get in touch
If you have questions about this submission, contact us at email@example.com